SB Order No.04/2012
Government of India
Ministry of Communications & IT
Department of Posts
Dak Bhawan, Sansad Marg,
ToAll Heads of Circles/Regions
Addl. Director General, APS, New Delhi.
Subject:- Revision in Interest Rates of Small Savings Schemes w.e.f 1st April 2012.
Sir / Madam,
The undersigned is directed to say that vide its OM No. 6-1/2011-NS-II (Pt.) dated 26.03.2012,
Ministry of Finance (DEA) has revised interest rates of Small Savings Schemes from 1st of April 2012.
Detail about old and revised rates is given below:-
INTEREST RATE TABLE
Name of Scheme
Interest rates from 1.12.2011
5 Years Recurring Deposit
Monthly Income Account
Sr. Citizen Savings Scheme Account
Public Provident Fund Scheme
National Savings Certificates (VIIIth)
National Savings Certificate (IX-Issue)
2. This is for information of the field staff as well as general public and Notifications will be
circulated as an received from MOF(DEA).
3. This issues with the approval of DDG(FS)
(Kawal Jit Singh)
Assistant Director (SB)
1. DDG(FS)/DDG(VIG)/JS&FA/DDG(PAF)/DDG(RB)/DDG (Estt.)/DDG(PG & Inspections)/DDG
2. Director (FS)/Director (CBS), Dak Bhawan.
3. Director of Audit (P&T), Delhi.
4. Resident Audit Officer, Room No.517-B, Dak Bhawan, New Delhi.
5. All Directors/Dy. Directors of Accounts, Postal
6. Director, Postal Staff College, Ghaziabad.
7. All Directors, Postal Training Centres.
8. Director PTC Mysore for uploading the SB order on India Post Web Site.
9. A.D (Tech), SDC Chennai O/o CPMG T.N.Circle, Chennai.
10. AD /Inspection/PF/Vigilance
11. All Accounts Officers ICO(SB)
12. All recognized unions.
13. MOF(DEA), NS-II, North Block, New Delhi
14. Director, NSI, CGO Complex,’A’Wing, 4th Floor, Seminary Hills, Nagpur-440006
15. PS to Member (T)
16. PPS to Secretary Posts
Original Order Below: